Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Que Que?!

Blasted headache. I'm not sure if it's the odd sleep cycle, the heat, the lack of nutrients, the midterm, or simply some freak of nature, but I've had a headache the entire day. No good. I imagine it'll either subside by tomorrow or it will grow substantially by tomorrow. It's not a tumor. Wasn't it a tumor that gave John Travolta telekinetic powers in that movie Phenomenon? I like John Travolta. He can fly a plane. The only downside is the Scientology. But the movie adaptation of Battlefield Earth came out of that. I read 900 of 1100 pages in that book. It's really bad. We have a large portrait of L. Ron Hubbard in the apartment. You have to hand it to L. Ron, he convinced a bunch of goons (Tom Cruise) that...well, it's hard to explain. It's not difficult to explain that he convinced a bunch of people to follow a bogus religion, but it's difficult for to explain how people believe it. Alien Warlords. Xenu. Volcanoes. Well, on that token it's difficult to explain how people believe in any sort of religion. Wasn't it Voltaire (it was Voltaire) that said "To believe in God is impossible. Not to believe in Him is absurd." Voltaire also said "If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent Him." Did Voltaire not state "I hate women because they always know where things are."? I like Voltaire. Even if he is French, I like him. It's a shame he's dead. It's rumored his last words were "For God's sake, let me die!" I won't talk about religion here.

No comments: