Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Phantom Vibration

I don't know why, but I tend to think that my phone is vibrating in my pocket when it really isn't. Sometimes when it actually is going off I don't know it due to my legs being in motion and only feeling what I think is the phone going off, but treating it as the phantom vibration. I have the tendency while walking to check my phone every couple of minutes or so because I constantly imagine it going off. Maybe I just really wish people would call/text me and my mind is playing dirty tricks on me and getting my hopes up.

I had a dream last night that wasn't a standard "Andy as 80s action-movie star" dream. It was odd; for some reason I was behind the scenes at Late Night with Conan O'Brien waiting for the Avett Brothers to perform, but they had to leave that night to enter into the race for the presidency. Because they left and I was back stage and so was someone else, they then called on us to be the musical guests where I was forced to play bass and somehow, without any knowledge of playing instruments whatsoever, played flawlessly. I can't recall if the other person was someone I knew or someone I made up in the dream. Because of our performance we were able to get some other guy elected president who I believed to be an Avett Brother that wasn't ever seen, but was a balding, short and corpulent fellow. This guy who, on the day he took office, managed to single-handedly make our economy strong again and defeat an alien invasion by using superior military tactics. I can't remember if I was a space pilot in this dream or not, but I don't doubt it if I was. What made this dream better was that it wasn't interrupted by a text from my brother at 7:30 in the morning. What an asshole.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Are you serious about this dream? Man, I thought I had crazy dreams but you come up with this detailed smorgasborg of fantasy that I can in no way compare too ... Maybe I should start watching more punt gun and vermin grenade videos.

Omg did I tell you that I came dangerously close to submitting a pic to HCwDBs? I decided against it tho because there were no HC in it and after reading his "how do I submit" page I thought he'd be annoyed. It was a gaggle of douches but they all had a beer in one hand and every single one of them was throwing up a ridiculous hand signal in the other. Oh, another reason why I didn't actually submit it was because I couldn't think of a clever name that was a play on the word douche. Maybe you can help me think of one later.

The Suarpion said...

I've been having dreams like that since I was a youngling. Just watch 80s action and horror flicks for hours on end and your mind will think about them while you sleep.

You don't really need a clever name if you're submitting photos. You don't need one for commenting either. I'm really happy that I got you hooked on the site, though.