Sunday, October 5, 2008

Introduction And Such

I suppose that for those of you new here I should fill you in on "Poetry Sunday" as it will more than likely make a famous comeback after two months of inactivity (I think it was two months). What it is is simply my play on those that try to be "artistic" with poetry that rhymes not and is a play on the hipster (and the beat) culture believing anything and everything to hold artistic merit. Really (as you can see) it's just a bunch of nonsensical ramblings and sentences strung together to make absolute crap. I have fun with it and so should you. Now that I'm on Blogger and have the comment ability I'm inviting you all to contribute with your own poems on Poetry Sunday if you so wish. I sort of missed PS and am glad it's being re-instituted.

Anyways, there's not much news on the home front and the daily battles are still the daily battles. I'm glad that school has started as reading, etc. takes up time. When I'm not reading I'm usually watching 80s action or horror movies or writing in the journal or here. I'm falling back into the groove of posting and occupying myself that I had when I started this thing way back in February on Tumblr. But again, I'm glad that school has started as it takes my mind off of the trivial things and keeps the loneliness at bay.

I've got a little extra cash on me this month. I don't know what I'm going to do with it. Save it, hopefully, but there are some things that need to be done. Marionette still needs a little fixing before she's in tip-top shape. Being jobless is a bit frustrating, but it's only for the semester. My folks have promised a little extra funding for the next few months so long as I'm actually working on school-related happenings. I am for the most part, but not having a job means living on microwaveable dinners and cheap sandwiches. It's worth it, I guess. I really have to thank my parents for all that they've done for me. I hope to pay them back once I've started my career. I don't know what day exactly in May I graduate, but it can't come soon enough.

Blasted naps. The problem with naps late in the day is that they ruin your sleep cycle. I'll probably be up for a while longer. Dag yo.

3 comments:

Sara said...

You can buy me tickets to the NLCS games in LA. And if there is in fact an Amtrak Series for the World Series, you can treat me to a game there as well.

Carson Daly said...

Poetry Sunday.

Poet.

Sunday Poet.

Boobs.

Sometimes, in the evening.

I wonder.

AHHHHHWOOOOOGAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Suarpion said...

If I had the money then I probably would, but just for the Amtrak world series. No way am I funding your Doyers habit.