Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Yesterday & One Week From Friday

Under the Sea 3D and Wild Ocean were, how should I put this, informative. Though it was a bit difficult to take Under the Sea 3D seriously with Jim Carrey narrating. You have a guy who's known for goofy movies talking about a dying reef and human populations doing harm to the calcium carbonate that keeps lots of sea life alive and you just want to laugh.

I'll be attending a particular concert one week from Friday. In Los Angeles. That concert? TOM FUCKING JONES! Eat it! Now I just want to sleep. Not enough sleep. Classes too small to sleep in. May my Globetrotters wristband bring me strength. Wonder Twin powers, ACTIVATE! The form of...Gene Shalit!

5 comments:

Sam said...

haha, did Marina think the same thing about Jim Carrey?

The Suarpion said...

No idea, but we did get a good chuckle at a seal kissing the screen/camera/audience with a big 'ol smooching sound effect at the end of the movie followed by a cover of "Octopus's Garden" for the credits. Sorry if I ruined the movie for ya.

Sam said...

Haha, that's funny. From what you told me it sounds like you two had a great time. Sounds like your adventure to Tom Jones Land is going to be exciting as well. I wish I could join you and her, but I have things to do and crime to fight...oh well. Have fun. Tom Jones concerts are supposedly awesome, according to my mother haha.

The Suarpion said...

Well Sam, as much as I'd like you to come, it's probably a good thing you don't. I guess...it's not unusual...for me to say that to you at this particular point. And really, I know you don't really credit Tom Jones as someone you'd pay to see, I just wanted to use the (bad) joke. Either way, yes, it should be fun. Lots of fun. It typically is when you're spending time with someone who shares almost all of your same interests, can hold a conversation and treats you like a decent human being. And yes, I know your mom likes Tom Jones quite a bit. If that bit is supposed to make me feel like a middle aged woman who knows how to party and genuinely kicks ass then you're close. But I reiterate: it's going to be lots of fun.

Sam said...

hey trust me, with all the fun you've been having with this gal lately, I don't want to impose. mainly cuz i dont want to steal her thunder........? no? okay...