Saturday, February 7, 2009

Work

Everybody's nuts! Wait, not everybody. My boss is nuts! Aside from the desire to hang unstable objects from high places, he's got some stupid ideas. And believe me, I know stupid. When O-dog has an idea for one of his stores he's dead set in actualizing the plan. You can't tell him no, either. Well, you can, but he won't listen. He came in today and asked my opinion about his latest scheme. After saying "we need to get rid of the crystals, nobody buy the crystals" (the crystals he so vehemently rallied for about two years ago) he proposed a plan for an even more ridiculous "service." He wants to remove the crystal machine in place of an "office" wherein customers can check their email, print things, make copies and faxes. He asked me if it was a good idea. I told the man that nobody has ever asked me about copies, faxes, checking their email, or the need to print things. His defense? It'll attract customers. Oh, Mar. When will you learn?

We had a new memo the other day. I was so upset I didn't get to write this one! Had I the opportunity it would have been golden. Unfortunately there's no saved copy of it on the PC, so I'm waiting a bit to snag from our bulletin board (the inside of a cabinet) to scan it. A little taste of the memo: "When you are working alone, you are not really alone I'm always looking at the cameras." Good, but dammit, it could have been 10 times creepier if Yadzia had changed "looking at the cameras" to "watching." Yep. Anything to keep my sanity.

No comments: