Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sigh

I had a quiz today that I wasn't prepared for. I thought it was going to be next week. I'm fairly certain I failed it. I still have my History midterm at 2pm today. I threw up. I've been dizzy. I haven't had a non-alcoholic evacuation of my stomach for a long time. There's a general anxiety. I feel like I might lose it again. It's not sickness. I think it's the anxiety, the spinning, the moments when I feel like passing out. On a positive note, the one professor that I really enjoy has agreed to get a drink with me for my birthday. We won't get to do this until Monday, but it'll be nice to talk to such an interesting mind over a drink or two. I almost forgot where my History 110 class was today. I walked into the room roughly 15 minutes ago and had to verify that I was in the class with the same d'bags. I have a paper due in this class the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I want to turn it in early so that I can just ditch class. I'm glad to be working again soon. Tuesday is my first day. It'll be good to have something to complain about again. It'll be good to have an income again. I hate this guy's smug goatee. I'm looking forward to Omar's antics again. I also look forward to wanting to quit again. It's just a shame that the people that I like have already left Seaport. I'll have to deal with the commie complaining about all of the white tourists. He's always late. Another bonus of work? I'll have money to spend on my revolver. That means trips to the shooting range, trips to the desert with Sam and family, some practice for my future career. Jeez. This class is going faster than usual. My last class seemed as though it was only ten minutes long. Fifteen minutes left. If a nuke were to explode in the atmosphere we'd be blasted back into the stone age. Why doesn't this happen? Why hasn't this happened? If a nation wanted to completely disarm the U.S., all they'd have to do is exactly that. Why can't things be like the Road Warrior? Or Fallout?How cool would that be? Or something like Macross (Robotech here in the states). I liked Robotech. I still do. It's kind of cheesy and corny, but the thought of a race of giant aliens (that were probably just humans before being shrunk) coming to retrieve their super-dimensional fortress that crashed on our planet and trying to eradicate us while we use their own technology to kick the crap out of them (despite the fact that most of the Earth is destroyed) is really neat. Jets that turned into robots, romance in the time of devastation, general heroics. Roy Fokker was cool. Rick Hunter. Max. I read the books when I was in Jr. High. If there's one series of cheap novels that I really liked, it was those. I bought the DVD of the first two seasons. The cartoon I thought wasn't as good as the books, even though the show came first. Gotta go.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I lost you about halfway through ...