Wednesday, November 26, 2008

BLAST!

I made it here to turn my paper in and now I'm stuck staying here for the rest of the hour! Dirty little S.O.B. Oh well, at least I have my computer. After this I'll have to split to work and do all of that crap. 1-9, my friends, 1-9. When I make it back into town I'll get to hang out with Sam and help him out with his packet of justice. Yaw, yaw, yaw. I imagine I'll end up just rambling for the next hour or so.. Incoherent sentences and thoughts. Scott, I owe you three slices of ham, 8 cups of coffee, two slices of bread and a chicken sandwich. Something in the fridge smells, but I can't figure out what it is. Hiss. I hate to brag, but I'll be looking rather sharp tomorrow. I imagine photos will be taken from Thanksgiving dinner. DAMMIT! I forgot my camera. Oh well, I have time to go back to the apartment before work. Ugh, the commie's talking again. I hope my truck will get me back home today. I'm a little under a half a tank of gas. I know it takes me a little over a quarter tank, so I should be fine. I just don't want to have to fill up. Blargh! Gha! I had three mugs of coffee, but my brain is still all cloudy and foggy and dead. I got decent sleep. 3-9. What on Earth could it be? I wonder if my brain would still be cloudy and foggy in space. Maybe the lack of gravity would allow me to be a super smarty. I know I'd be a little taller in space due to that lack of gravity. Why does Putman keep talking? He's so boring! 30 minutes left. Jeez, I really don't ever talk about anything on this thing, do I? Jiminy Christmas! I have another paper due on Monday. I'll hopefully get to reading the material before Sunday, but I know I probably won't. 8 pages. Sigh. Well, I can pick up the play when I go to grab my camera. Y'know, I really don't like taking photos of people at these family events. Nobody wants their photo taken and everyone (mom) says "oh, take photos of everyone." I dont' mind taking photos of bands, and I like getting photos of people in their natural elements, but the problem with that is you have to catch people off guard, and when you're the only one running around with a gigantic camera in a small location, what the hell am I supposed to do? The other bad thing about photography is when you do take photos of something "interesting" you end up having tons of photos of the same thing and upon review, it's really not that interesting. 20 minutes. I mean, how many photos can you take of a fire? or a bird? or a flower? I remember one day I took about 300 photos of a trolley problem, when I was done, what did I have? Nothing. Crap, there's a hole in my sock. I knew there was one and despite the fact that I had plenty of other socks without holes I chose to be lazy and just wear the ones I had chosen. Yeah. Nothing to talk about. I guess it happens to all of us. We're talking about the Cuban Missile Crisis right now. If I remember correctly, that was my "nick name" for a short period of time. You can't really call it a nick name if it's longer than my actual name. I don't get this whole "Andy's Cuban, so let's just call him Castro" thing. What I don't understand is why people would call me Che. Che was Argentinian, not Cuban. He just helped Castro with the Cuban revolution. I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but Che is actually part of my family history. I know that I have my grievances towards the commies, but I can't really hate Che. He had the heart to help the people and genuinely wanted to do good. The man wasn't a revolutionary to begin with, he was a doctor. Y'know, I really hate those Che shirts. I also hate those Bob Marley shirts and those Beatles shirts. People just buy these things without any actual knowledge of the person/people themselves. A true communist wouldn't buy a Che shirt, they'd make their own, or they wouldn't have any money to make or buy one. Only stoners buy Marley shirts because they're idiots who believe the only thing he stood for was smoking a lot of marijuana. 10 minutes. People say that I should give the general populous a chance and that you can't judge everyone because everyone's different, but honestly, yes you can. You can't honestly believe that everyone in the world has something to say or that they're interesting. People criticize me for "hating everything." While I don't hate everything or everyone, I don't mind having a general dislike for most of the people on this planet. And I don't find anything wrong with that. I'll certainly give people a chance if they decide to give me one, but I'm not going to go out of my way to make nice with everyone when I can tell that I really won't give a damn. Gotta Go.

UPDATE:

Ok, back on this rant and I'm at work now. See, if you're about to be harsh or critical about my statement just now, you don't really have the right. We all do it. I don't know one person who makes the effort to talk to everyone or make nice with every single skid mark they meet. People make judgements based on appearances all the time. Sure, you might say "Andy, you're wrong, there was this one person I thought was a complete jerk/idiot, but once I talked to him/her they were actually super nice." Bullshit. We try to convince ourselves that there are people out there who can validate our own lives by looking for some hope that the general populous aren't a selfish lot who seek only personal gain. If we can discover those without ulterior motives, then perhaps it helps us to strive to better ourselves. I'm not saying these people don't exist, but I do believe that they are few and far between. So, what does that make me? I can't say exactly. Some of you may say "Andy, you're too hard on yourself" but I don't know about that. Am I out for my own selfish purposes? I would say yes. I want my quality of life to improve, I'm out to make myself happy and strive for more than mediocrity, but I'm also willing to better the lives of those around me if it means that validation. I'm as much a victim of the search for validation as the next person. But if we aid others in their quests, does that necessarily state that we ourselves are "good" people? If the only reason for helping others is to make us feel good about ourselves, is it still sound to consider oneself virtuous or morally correct? But who out there can truly judge "goodness," "morality" or "virtue?" If you say that I'm wrong in my rant here, take a look at yourself and think, "why am I doing what I'm doing? Is it for myself or for the betterment of others?" And if you can without a doubt tell me that you are a selfless individual seeking only the happiness of others, then let me know. I'd like to meet you.

Wow, I didn't plan on writing all that or making it remotely serious. I guess it's been a while since I wrote one of those. Oh well, too late.

2 comments:

Sam said...

the only thing i got out of that is taht you're coming over tonight and that's all i care about.....tee hee!!

The Suarpion said...

HUZZAH!