Sunday, November 16, 2008

Safe and Sounding Off in San Diego

Hey everyone, I just got in to San Diego and while the fire back home is doing its damage, I have faith that it won't reach my folks in their neck of the woods. If anything does happen I'll be sure to let you all know. And Mike, I know that your family was evacuated, so I can only hope that everything is alright with them. Send them my best and if you or they need anything then let me know and I'm certain my parents will open their home to them and would be willing to help out in any way possible. I don't know if I'll get to Poetry Sunday today as I've got quite a bit of work to do for tomorrow and I am not in the mood to write it, but if it shows up then I've finished what I need to and am on track and caught up with my work. You are all still more than welcome to contribute your own "poems" on this overly hot Sunday. I should stop writing right now as it is cutting in to my work, reading and general activities, but I will say this: I received my schedule for work and it looks like Wednesday and Friday I will have 12 hour days starting at 9 in the morning for class and work from 4-9 pm. It feels good to no longer be a "no good, lazy bum." And with birthday money as a springboard with an income again, the goal of purchasing a .38 is close at hand. A great home protection weapon despite the fact that I really have nothing to protect at home. Ok, I'll talk to you all soon. Oh, and thanks to my mom for giving me a bottle of wine for my birthday along with a $50 gift card to BevMo. You know me too well, but probably shouldn't be supporting my developing drinking habit. Ok. Sorry, this has gone on for far too long. I'll let you all know when I have finished with everything by posting something new, but I may (will) post some videos throughout the day(s).

SIDE NOTE:

Sam, if you really want to get me a birthday present then you should just buy me some .38 ammo so that I'll have a stock to play with once I've purchased my soon-to-be-named revolver. Hopefully I'll have the money by Thanksgiving. You'll have yourself a sale and I'll have myself a good time. Excitement! I need to start looking for shooting ranges down here in San Diego to frequent during my off time.

3 comments:

Sam said...

That is a perfect idea man. I will definitely buy you some. I hope you are 100% certain you want a .38 because if so, I will have the ammo buy next week. Just say the word.

The Suarpion said...

Buy it once I have the money. I'll let you know when that is. Hopefully soon. And yes, the .38 will be my first gun. No questions.

Sam said...

Hahaha, guess the .38 wasn't your first gun after all LOL.