Tuesday, November 18, 2008

On My Not So Triumphant Return to Seaport

Everything is as I expected it to be. Nobody shows up, even on Cruise Ship days (Tuesdays). I'm fairly certain that Omar is up to illegal activities. My welcome back was nonexistent and my holding cell is even more cramped than before. I avoided the "No Internet" sign on our printer and periodically checked my email and thought about posting something lengthy at work, but then remembered that Omar is "always watching" and thought better of it, though I did visit HCwDB and my regular blogging sites. I forewent my lunch meal and replaced it with a 30 minute smoke break. For some reason we no longer have the option of taking a 10 minute break during a 6 hour day and must take a 30. I'm still questioning the legality of that. I gave a couple from Texas (who both work in law enforcement) three free photo CDs and charged them for only two others. One thing that has changed over there is the lowering of memory card prices. I was astonished to see them marked as fairly reasonable. The photos that I took of myself just before quitting earlier during the year are still around, just not the ones where I taped my head over celebrities' bodies. I'm going to take a nap. I need to read and get ready for a quiz tomorrow. I'll be on a 12 hour day from 9am to 9pm, school to work, so I imagine nothing exciting will happen.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Yay, work! I told you those pictures were still there! Anywhoozlebiez, I'm having a mad craving for a burger so if you get this before it's too late and you're hungry you should call/text me if you are hungry as well. I would text you, but I'm still not sure how I feel about the idea of spending money on food ... So, yeah.

The Suarpion said...

Apologies, but I went and got a burger right after work. Maybe later this week we can go. I'm not doing anything Thursday. Whattayathink about that?

Sara said...

Ugh! Maybe. If you're lucky. Ha!

The Suarpion said...

I'll take that as a yes.

Sam said...

I WANNA GO!!

The Suarpion said...

You're more than welcome to come on down.