Thursday, November 27, 2008

Music for 11/27/08

Dammit Scott! You've introduced an infinite greatness to my life! With these guys and others you've gotten me into I realize how crappy most of the music I listen to is and how awful pretty much everything else is (though I knew about the latter long ago). AGH! FUCK! Why did I scroll down! This really upsets me. Scott, perusing some of the comments on an Elvis Costello video for "Chelsea" I discovered that one of those no-talent hacks from the Jonas Brothers cites "Chelsea" as his favorite song. Those fuck-mooks don't deserve the brilliance of Elvis Costello and couldn't hold a candle to his song-writing ability or talent with an instrument. At least the songs below and everything else Mr. Costello, Mr. Lowe and those of their variety will be legendary for centuries and even millenia to come whereas those Disney-marketed tools will quickly fade from the universe and hopefully go careening off a cliff in one of their tour buses. It just irks me that such shards of crap think they're emulating Godliness. It's like Sarah Silverman saying she's inspired by Woody Allen. Fuck off you royal tart! Ugh. Anyways, enjoy the music.

Nick Lowe

I Read A Lot

Nick Lowe/Rockpile

Cruel to be Kind

Elvis Costello

Chelsea

NOTABLE MENTIONS:

Nick Lowe - Heart

No comments: