Friday, December 26, 2008

Huh?

Andy has something to do that isn't mindless rambling? It would appear as though I'm keeping myself occupied with small tasks. For one I'll be aiding in Claire the Brave's adventures as semi-personal photographer ("Record keeper of the great journey" is the official title, or "That creepy guy over there with the beard"). Her adventures begin shortly as we have a few of her travels cataloged. I'll be writing a piece for Cougar Cats in the near future and (for some odd reason) I've decided to aid my brother in his comic book writing. That came out of left field.

I know that comics are sort of out there often times, but some of his ideas are just...well...bad. I'm not saying all of his ideas are bad. He gave me three ideas, three different arcs that he'd like to pitch to Marvel Comics for a few of their stories. One for Wolverine, one for Spiderman, one for Young Avengers. I've given the first two a once over, the Wolverine one doesn't have much going for it and it's quite incoherent, but the Spiderman arc seems like it has potential. Good for Brother for trying.

I have to say that I'm sort of glad that I'm tagging along on his little leap of faith here. While I'm certain that the ideas will most likely be rejected, the fact that he's putting himself out there is a noble effort. Why he's selected me to help him in this, I don't know, but I've got nothing else going on. I'm hesitant to look at the Young Avengers outline he has as I have no idea who these folks are since they're a fairly new breed of heroes and I haven't kept up in my comic lore as of late, but Brother assures me that because it is new it is also quite open ended and free to develop. Either way, like I said, I doubt this will go anywhere, but if my relationship with my brother is strengthened through this then I guess it's ok, so long as he doesn't ask me to draw anything. And hey, I can do all of the editing at work.

In other news, I finally get to go back to my usual 4-9 post tomorrow with a day off on Sunday. And as far as strengthening relationships with the brother that matters most, I got the 5th-7th off for desert fun! I'll have my camera ready for that trip. Should I bring alcohol? What a stupid question, of course I should!

No comments: