Saturday, December 27, 2008

Cripes

I went on another run today and while I'm not in absolutely horrible shape, I'm not doing so hot either. My right knee is getting a sharp pain after 30 minutes or so of exercise. I don't know if this has to do with improper stretching or if my legs just need to re-accustom themselves to the form and rotation. Either way, I've got a long way to go. Fortunately for me tomorrow's a day off and all of next week is 4-9 with another Sunday off (I get the 4th-7th off, remarkable!), so that means I'll have no interruptions in my running schedule and may even go on a few hikes, bouldering included (haven't done that in a few years, unless you count the museum next to Owen's Bistro).

On the outdoors front, speaking of hiking and bouldering, I finally brought my sleeping bag down from home. My folks, for some reason, got rid of my backpack for...back...packing and I've decided I should get myself a new tent as the one I've been using is torn in a few places and belongs to the parents. REI has some good deals on some spiffy tents. Hmm...checklist:

Camping/backpacking supplies needed

Backpack ($100-200)
Tent ($100-200)
Mini-stove ($50-100)
Pots and pans ($?)
New Boots ($100-150)
Flask (for my booze) ($10-20)
Booze (for my flask) ($40)
Socks and lining ($10-15)
Hatchet ($?)
Reliable knife ($?)
Kerchief ($3.50)
Polarized Sunglasses ($60-120)
Watch ($20)
Sleeping matt ($50-90)

Yep. Long way to go. Hiking/backpacking socks are expensive for some reason. And yes, there is a difference between regular socks and hiking socks. I'm only hoping that Mike (do you even read this anymore?) can use his work thing to buy up used goods for cheap. I know that on the 3rd REI is having their annual used equipment sale. I'll definitely be there. Sam, I didn't add "Gun" to that list because while it would certainly be used as a hiking/backpacking item, it's much more than that.

No comments: