Saturday, September 13, 2008

On an Historical Moment

I guess I witnessed an "historical" moment today. At least in the realm of baseball anyways...until the record is broken. Angel's closing pitcher Francisco Rodriguez set the all-time record for single season saves. So, to those of you non-baseball fans out there, a save is when a pitcher prevents the other team from tying the game or gaining the lead from within a three run (point) margin during the last inning of the game. The record was set at 57 saves about 20 years ago and to-nite "K-Rod" (a "K" is a strike in baseball terminology, so because he strikes people out quite a bit he was nick-named the aforementioned) hit the 58 mark. My parents and I happened to be at the game. It's not too exciting, I know, but hey, I can say that I was there.

No comments: