Saturday, September 20, 2008

Another Break From Reading

For a couple of my classes (same professor) we have to create a "wiki" page where we find out information about whatever topic we're assigned and we're to become some sort of "expert" on said topic. Aside from all of that good stuff, we've been told to go around to other peoples' "wikis" in order to critique, add suggestions and comments, etc. about the progress of their assignment. With that said, one of my group projects is to find information out about the country of France. Included would be various tidbits about the French culture and such. The other day a classmate from a different group (who happened to be in a class of mine last semester) decided to give us "suggestions" for our research. I will now copy and paste their "suggestion" below in order to highlight the intellectual capacity of a typical SDSU student.

last semester i took a class, i forget what its called but we read a lot of literature by French authors. Germinal by Emile Zola, its about poor people working in mines. another person we studied wrote poems, his name was Charles Baudelaire, my favorite one was about hair.
http://fleursdumal.org/poem/203
that site has that poem with several translations. he wrote a lot of other poems too. Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert is another good one. I hope some of these will help you.

Yes, friends, "my favorite one was about hair." The language used here is clearly at the same level of the 4th graders at my Mom's school. It's frightening that people like this will actually "earn" a degree. You can see now why I don't want to go to my graduation ceremony. People like this may devalue the collegiate system, but at least they're good for a laugh.

2 comments:

Sara said...

When I read "wiki page" I was going to ask if you're taking Amtower's "Technology and Literature" class ... Well, I guess I'm still going to ask. Are you talking about Amtower's "Technology and Literature" class?

If so, I had that class last semester ... And I had to do the same thing. I half-assed my way through and came out with a B.

If not, I just wasted some energy.

The Suarpion said...

No, it's for Frampton's class(es), featuring John Rizzo.