Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Notable Quotables

I know that quotes kind of suck because they tend to narrow people down to whatever the quote says and are often taken out of context, but you can't help but like them. Our desire (need) to relate ourselves to something or someone is thus brought forth through quotes and I figured that perhaps I should share some quotes that I was (am) thoroughly enjoying.

Here are a couple from Samuel Beckett's Malone Dies:
"Nothing is more real than nothing"
and
"He who has waited long enough will wait for ever"

And here's one from Jeff Goldblum
"Why would you do that to the Goldblum? What has the Goldblum ever done to you?"

I'll probably find more quotes whilst reading novels for class or through the movies that I'm watching on an almost daily basis, so be on the lookout.

No comments: