Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Day

I went to school today on 2 1/2 hours of restless sleep. This year is shaping up to be an interesting one. First of all, there's Frampton. You don't know Frampton, but Frampton is golden. Scott and I both have Frampton twice in the same day. I won't begin to explain her as you'd all just look at me with more concern than you already do.

Then there's Granger (who stated that he went dumpster diving in Arizona over the summer), some other guys, and Freeman. I'm not technically in Freeman's class. I was a few years ago, but not now. Professor Roderick Freeman is perhaps, nay, is the best professor I've ever had. He is a personal hero of mine. I need not his class, but because I have a gap in between classes I have opted to sit in just to have the experience once again before I graduate. I only hope that I can take his "Philosophy of Time" course next semester in which he'll describe philosophy and time travel and the effects and probabilities of time travel. It sounds amazing. I want to befriend this man and drink with him. If he were my father I'd bathe his feet in epsom salt after a long day of work and bring him numerous cognacs while he watched Star Trek on his old La-Z-Boy recliner in nothing but a wife-beater with mustard stains, underpants, and tube socks.

I imagine for the most part the year will go by slowly and uneventfully (I know I stated earlier that it would be an interesting year, but it can be both, right?), but there is one thing that makes me absolutely happy. I ran into my first roommate from when I was in the dorms. Yes, Ian. The megadouche of all Lacrosse players. The guy who'd strut up and down the halls shirtless. The man who uttered the phrase "It's because I want to be with you that I can't be with you" to his girlfriend at the time as an excuse to have relations with a gal from the first floor of the dorms. He was quite upset when she didn't put out. Either way, I found out the general location of his living arrangements and if I discover his actual address then it calls for some shenanigans. And if I can manage it, he may make his way onto a particular website that I frequent. No, I haven't grown one bit. And that pleases me.

No comments: