Thursday, September 11, 2008

Jurassic Park

During my daily perusal of the internets and my recent purchase of the entire Jurassic Park trilogy (only $20 at Fry's) I started looking for Jeff Goldblum's scenes in the first movie, but being unsuccessful in finding any good ones, I came across this little clip here:

Listen to the music. Scott and Sam, you should recognize it as it's not from the movie originally and if you're uncertain as to where it's from, just wait until 2:56 and you'll get it. "Clever girl."


I also came across this one (sorry, the sound quality isn't good) which I enjoy quite a bit.

On a related note, I refuse to believe Robert Muldoon (the guy saying "SHOOT HAAA!") dies in Jurassic Park. Sure, he gets jumped by a Raptor and is shrieking in agony while his face is getting chewed off and we never see him in the movie again, but they never actually show his face get chewed off, nor do we see him lying there deceased. No, it is my firm belief that Muldoon, after the camera cuts away, sucker punches the dinosaur in the head, grabs his shotgun and goes on a murderous (not really murderous since he's killing dinosaurs) rampage. After running out of ammunition, he resorts to slaying the beasties with his hunting knife and his bare hands. He manages to make it to land by tying the bodies of dead dinosaurs together and using them as a raft.

Side note:
In the book, Muldoon doesn't die. In fact, he acquires a grenade launcher and manages to dispatch several dinosaurs with it (and other weapons, if I remember correctly).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have this weird crush on Jeff Goldblum. That's weird, right?

The Suarpion said...

No, because I have it too. In fact, it's only weird if you don't have a crush on Jeff Goldblum.