Friday, August 15, 2008

At Last

Moved today. The guys and I split a U-Haul and took care of the process in about three hours. Packed last night. I wonder how long it will take us to prepare the old place for viewing. The new place is nice. Air conditioning, quiet, Jim (spelled Gam). I'm staying in SD to-nite. Too tired to drive up, too much work to be done. Last day of work tomorrow. I'm only going for Papa Gus. Back in SD on Monday.

I thought the "Fire" house was abandoned. Guess not. Their belongings were left on the driveway. It seems today they're bringing it all in. Some was rummaged. Not by us.

I finished The Road about a week ago. Good book. Not Kerouac. It made me hope once again that mankind hadn't/won't completely ruin/ed itself. Blindness was better. Same thing, different situation.

Sorry for the minimalist approach today, figured I might try it out. That and I'm busy. I still have a futon to assemble and a room to organize. Maybe this year I'll get the mattress off of the ground. No internet at the new place yet, so I'll talk to you all tomorrow. Although two of my three readers are absent, so I'll talk to you tomorrow.

No comments: