Friday, March 6, 2009

Dilemma

I have a problem with public restrooms. Namely, I can't use them. Well, that's not true, I can use them, just not when people are around. In the urinals I can't use them unless there's a divider. If there's no divider, there's no relief. As far as the stalls are concerned? No way. Unless there's absolutely no one in the restroom, I'm not using it. In fact, on campus I found the most remote and secluded bathroom possible. If ever there's emergency enough for me to use a public stall while on campus, I'll only use that one. I'll walk clear across campus if I have to because it's like a private facility. Fourth floor. Hardly any classes take place on that floor. It's a privacy issue. I think. I only use the public rooms if absolutely necessary. So today I get in from San Diego to find that 1) my folks have hired a housekeeper and 2) she's there cleaning. Most of the trip home I'd been looking forward to getting home to relieve myself. Not happening. I first poked my head in at around noon. It's now 2:15 and they're still here. When there are strangers around, it's just like being in a public place. Not to mention the fact that I was a janitor at one point in my life. Boy did that suck. I would have just finished cleaning the bathroom (also where my supply closet was located) when something that more resembled a hot air balloon than a man would lumber into the stall and cause the need to douse the place in cinnamon air freshener for the rest of the day while still needing to hold my breath. It was awful. There's no chance in hell am I going to do that to this poor woman. So I've been waiting for her to leave. She hasn't. I'm scheduled to shoot hoops with Sam at 3 and I want to be nimble and agile for the game, not clutching my gut. How long does it take? She was here before I arrived. Our house isn't big. She doesn't clean my room or my brother's. Just let me do what I've gotta do. What's more is I've isolated myself in my room. I don't want to make conversation. I just want my house to be empty so that I can walk around na- I mean, uh, um, walk around naked. Yeah, that's it...wait...

Anyways, Tom Jones tonight. Talk to you soon.

No comments: