Thursday, January 1, 2009

Letters From Omar

Folks, this here is the most glorious memo I've ever written for the man himself. Note that whenever there's an all-caps section in bold, the direction was to make it "big and bold." This phrase has been uttered numerous times in my tenure here at C+ and it never ceases to make me laugh on the inside (for an outward showing of amusement in the presence of my boss could lead to my death). Here it is, my prized piece for Omar:


It has come to my knowledge that there is much work being left behind without supervision. The lack of customer attention due to TALKING amongst employees is beginning to hinder the business and is giving all of our stores a bad image. Image is essential for a successful business here at Seaport Village. Despite the fact that the slow season is upon us we are not given the right to slack off or neglect our duties. In fact, these slow months are when we should be focusing on better customer service skills and promptness to complete tasks. And don’t forget, you are under CONSTANT SURVEILLANCE to improve business.

A large problem I’ve noticed is the belief that everyone is his or her own boss. I would like to clarify to my valued employees that there will be structure. The following is a list of all employees given managerial duties for the stores and the replacements for them when not present:

Alamo Flags: Abdul, Rachel, Nereida

Camera Plus: Ammar, Andy, Mirage

Sports HQ: Ammar, Lisa

Destinations: Roseanne, Martha

The managers are put in place to keep order and to get the job done. All the individuals of the store are to aid in the completion of these objectives. When there are no named managers in the store, the leaving manager will place whomever they see fit to manage the store in charge.

In the cases of Leticia and Dulce, both are MANAGERS, both have also been promoted from the same jobs that you all have started in. They need your help to complete their tasks and are commanding the same respect that everyone else deserves. When you need them, they will be there to help you AS MANAGERS, but most of all, when they ask you to aid them in a stocking task and you have already been instructed to complete that task, get it done, but be sure to follow the number one rule, THE CUSTOMER ALWAYS COMES FIRST.

If any merchandise is needed from the warehouse, contact me, Dulce or Leticia and we will get the supplies to you as soon as we possibly can. If anyone needs to revise their hours or would like to switch schedules with another employee, remember to contact me and let me know of the change. I need to know where my employees are and why they are or are not coming in at specific times or not at all.

If there are any questions, comments or concerns, let me know. My office is always open and my eyes are always watching. We are here to improve business and not to make enemies with the SPV management or anyone else, including ourselves. It is only with your help that our collective stores can succeed. We are to work as a team and through a maturation of teamwork we will make it out of these rough months.

Thank you,



Omar

1 comment:

Andrew B said...

Dayum. I wouldn't want to cross this guy.