Thursday, April 23, 2009

Computer Problems

Last night I was writing a paper on Common Sense. What should have only taken one hour at most took me three. It had nothing to do with "writer's block" or anything like that. It had to do with a computer on the Fritz. A couple nights ago my trusty laptop of four years decided to start freezing up every few seconds. I'd be typing or watching a video and it would cease any action. And rather than catching up with my keystrokes after each freeze, it would be selective of them. That's pretty annoying when you're on a roll with some sentences/paragraphs and you find that half of the sentence you'd just typed got cut off and jumbled. Slowly but surely I finished the paper without completely forgetting what I was writing. For about two hours I struggled to figure out what was wrong with my computer as every time I'd go to print the computer would shut itself off. Finally around 1 am after several attempts to restart the PC, I discovered that at an angle my computer ran perfectly fine. So after finally being able to print the damned thing I ran a virus scan and stacked some CDs to let the thing run all night. Come 8:30 am, the thing was and is running just dandy. What's wrong with this thing? I don't know, but I only hope that this baby will just get me through May. Stay strong, my pet.

No comments: