Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Return of the King...or Prince...Archduke maybe...Regent...Me. I'm the One Who's Back

Big surprise, I'm back from the seedy underbelly of the US also known as Georgia. But you all know this since I posted last week that I was back. Stories! Self-Growth! Adventures! Yeah, not really. More like bitching, gripes, and complaints. The short of it is that I recently went through Ranger school. Marketed as the premier leadership course of the army, it's really just one big crock of shit. I failed the first phase and recycled. Unfortunately, the class I went through was during the course cycle break and essentially doubled my time spent in Georgia. So five months instead of two. I froze, I was miserable, I cursed the lack of professionalism of the entire system in charge of me, I made a few friends, and I got the tab that, for some reason, makes people think that I'm better than them. Really, I'm the same old person. Now I'm just irritated. Greatly relieved that I never have to go back to that hell hole. Glad that it gets my foot wedged in the door of future promotion. But irritated at the stupidity of it all. That's all for now. Gotta go!

No comments: