Sunday, July 20, 2014

Recent Events

Ever since my return to the Pacific Northwest from California things have been pretty busy.  An overall excellent 4th of July weekend with the parental units as well as some good people.  Almost immediately afterwards we rolled into a week of late nights and little sleep.  I celebrated a couple birthdays for my good friends and I've got some time off coming up a week from Monday.

My brother will be visiting during that time.  I imagine we'll go and watch Guardians of the Galaxy (which I'm really excited for) and some touristy stuff.  Though I'm hoping he'll want to join me for a day at Pickathon.  I'm all for some live folk music.

Speaking of live folk music, Charlie Parr returns to Seattle a week from Tuesday.  Perfect timing for once!  I saw him the last time he came up here and I must attest that he's even better live than he is on record.  Extremely energetic and lively.  The man tells great stories and really gets the whole crowd up and moving.

I've been considering getting my first tattoo, and I think it's going to happen in the near future.  I've been thinking of the design for the past couple years, toying with the idea of what to get and I think I've finally got it all figured out.  It all centers around the same theme, but it's a matter of how detailed I want it.  We'll see what happens.

I watched the movie Troy again for the first time in years.  I honestly didn't remember how long it was, how many recognizable people, how bloody, and how cool it was.  Also one of the few movies where Sean Bean doesn't die.  Go Odysseus!  I've also been watching a shit ton of the A-Team on Netflix.  Mr. T does not disappoint.

I met a gal the other night while I was out who was totally cool and I would have gladly dated, but it turned out that Weezer's song "Pink Triangle" was essentially a truism for my life that night.  If you haven't heard the song, here it is in all its glory.

No comments: