Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Scratch

Our jump tonight was scratched. We had an hour and a half drive out to Victorville's airport to be told the winds were too high. But we all knew that already. Our contingency plan was to fly in on helicopters to our objective, but somewhere someone dropped the ball and we didn't go out tonight. Am I complaining? Hell no! We'll likely try the training event again tomorrow (tonight?), but it's shortened our time from three days in the blistering heat to two...unless they just push the whole timeline to the left. Which I don't think we have the resources to do, but I wouldn't be surprised if we were out for 3 days.

I'm exhausted.

Glad to have a cot to sleep on for the night rather than the ground, intermittently, about every other hour.

I can't remember if I allow comments from strangers on this thing.

I guess the kick I needed to get me writing again was to put me in the middle of nowhere.

There's a kid I work with (I say kid, he's 20) who I strongly dislike and would like to punch in the face. Repeatedly. While it's difficult to describe this kid and the reasons why he's punchable, an example of his irritating demeanor is that he drinks a beer and a shot of gin, then transforms into an emo prick alternate personality then talks about hurting himself or making inappropriate comments about peoples' dead siblings. I hate that crap. There are some things I don't need in my life. One of which is having to take care of some spineless prick who never learned how to interact with any sort of human beings then pushes away the people who extend a friendly hand by turning in to a comic book villain when he drinks. Crazy people.

That's all for now.

No comments: